A lot has happened over the last couple of weeks. We had planned to induce labor on Sunday, Sept 12 at 8 am. My mom and dad and Jason's mom all came over in preparation of Williams big birthday. Well, the universe works in mysterious ways. To be frankly honest, I was upset about the thought of inducing. I didn't think it was right or fair for Jason and I to "pick" William's birthday. That day was suppose to be his day and his decision. Well, after meeting the family for dinner at Cheesecake Factory (figured I can't eat after midnight and no telling how long labor was going to last, I wanted an awesome dinner) and starting to not feel so hot. I thought it was just nerves. I remember telling Jason on the way home that I felt really sick to my stomach. We both attributed it to anxiety. When we got home, Jason crashed. He had been up since 5:30 am for brewing and then it was the first Saturday tour at the brewing since the roof collapse. I decided to take a bath and try to relax. We had only been home for an hour and half before my water broke. I thought, "Did this just happen?" I yelled for Jason and he asked "Seriously? Are you sure?" I told him that it wasn't stopping. So we loaded the car and headed to Presby Dallas. Jason called Dr Hunt before we left and he said to definitely come. I figured I would be freaking out but I was really calm and relaxed. We decided to wait to call the parents because we didn't want them rushing to the hospital and waiting for hours. Jason called them when they came to give me the epidural at around 3:30 am. I had the best two nurses. The night nurse brought Jason a cot and tucked us both into bed after I got the epidural. We both got a little sleep and at 7am Dr Hunt said I was ready to go. "Really?!" I thought. But there was a catch. They had to give be two boluses of pain meds because I was having severe pain on my left side. Because of the extra medicine, I couldn't feel from my ribs down. Not conducive to pushing. It was 11 am before I regained enough feeling to push. The whole time I was pushing, we were laughing and talking about music with the nurse. She was so awesome. At 12:54 pm, William arrived to the music of the Rev. Horton Heat. Dr. Hunt was impressed with his umbilical cord. Stated it was extraordinary healthy. We had a perfect, cone-headed baby boy!! The nurse only took him off my chest long enough to do his Apgar score and to weigh him. Jason and I were able to spend the next hour and a half with William to ourselves. I was so proud of Jason. He was such a trooper. Never got nervous or queasy and he would rub my head between contractions. He made an excellent coach.
Labor was a breeze compared to sitting in the wheelchair to go to our room. That was the most excruciating part! William roomed with us. Everyone said he was absolutely perfect and Jason and I agree. I've started calling him "little bird" because he sounds like a bird when he starts to get upset. We are adjusting well to life at home. The first couple of nights have been stressful. Only sleeping for about an hour to hour and a half at time. I think some of it was my fault because I was really upset and emotional over the weekend. We had to make the tough decision of giving Dino, our Catahoula, up for adoption because of his aggression. We just couldn't trust him around William even though he didn't show any signs of it towards him. It would have literally killed me if William was hurt by him. Very tough decision though. Dino was literally like a child to me. Keep him in your prayers that he will be adopted. He is at the Dallas Dog Trainer where he has been trained and kenneled several times. On the other hand, Lady is absolutely perfect with him. She has become his nanna like off Peter Pan. Anytime he makes a noise, she is there checking on him. And if you are holding him, she has to come over and make sure he is ok. Last night was the first night of sleeping close to 3 hrs at a time. Much needed.
We have made a couple of outings. Williams loves the car carrier. He only fusses when he is hungry. Hopefully we will start going on walks today. I think we all need it. I never thought my heart could hold this much love for a single little being! I wouldn't give him up for the world.
![]() |
| Who knew that less than in less than 8 hrs we would be on our way to the hospital. |


Great blog, Pep! I can't wait to hold little William! He's just so cute! I'm glad you guys are adjusting, but I'm sorry you are having to give up Dino. :(
ReplyDelete